Because of the harsh winter storm in the Northeast, many houses stayed without power for days. Jayline Barbosa Brandao’s home was one of the thousands of powerless ones.
However, the family used a generator to power parts of their home, about 20 miles south of Boston. But they set up the generator too close to their house and the colorless, odorless carbon monoxide gas flooded the house.
Soon The 4th-grade student heard her father screaming and telling that her mother was passing out.
The girl was not confused though. She rushed to her dad and unlocked the phone with the help of his father’s face and called 911.
Her mother opened her eyes on her way to the hospital and told her that her little girl saved her life with her quick thinking and fast acting.